Membres

HOME

03 février 2013

"Cowboys at the Trail" (GERMANIA FIGUREN)

Another break in my "Hobbit Quest" and a back to my "Old Wild West" !

Very good figures of Michael Cremerius of  Germania Figuren  ! I've painted them with a lot of fun: a real pleasure! I don't know exactly what I will do with those cowboys... but I'm sure that I will find an idea! Maybe, you could be surprised to see a Black Cowboy, but we know that some of them have worked as cowboys, especially after the ACW. I've painted him also like a veteran of the US Cavalry from the Regiments which were called "Buffalo Soldiers" (Wikipedia), that's why he wear a blue pant with a yellow strip and also a yellow neckerchief!

Une autre pause dans mon "Hobbit Quest" et un retour à mon "Old Wild West"!
De très bonnes figurines de Michael Cremerius de Germania Figuren! Je les ai peints avec beaucoup d'amusement: un vrai plaisir! Je ne sais pas exactement ce que je vais faire avec ces cow-boys ... mais je suis sûr que je vais trouver une idée! Peut-être, vous pourriez être surpris de voir un cowboy noir, mais nous savons que certains d'entre eux ont travaillé en tant que cow-boys, surtout après la Guerre Civile. Je l'ai peint aussi en tant que vétéran de la cavalerie américaine, un de ceux qui ont été appelés «Buffalo Soldiers» (Wikipedia), c'est pourquoi il porte un pantalon bleu avec une bande jaune et aussi un foulard jaune!










24 commentaires:

  1. Nice work. nice to see an african american cowbow for once. You are showing to the world that they played a role though so many films and books seem to overlook them. great work

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Gowan ! the history of the black people in America is not well knew! I hope that I could add some other parts in the future.

      Supprimer
  2. hé hé pas mal du tout ;o)
    Plus qu'à te mettre à Blackwater Gulch !!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci!
      Blackwater Gulch ? why not if I decide to become a wargamer!

      Supprimer
  3. Vraiment du très bon boulot Sam , j'adore les chevaux ,super bien peints
    A bientôt ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Vincent!
      pour les chevaux, j'attends les tiens!

      Supprimer
  4. I didn't know that piece of History...
    Good work. And the result is great!!

    Cheers

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks David!
      The history of the Buffalo Soldiers is very interesting.

      Supprimer
  5. Tiens, tu ne t'es pas essayé à ajouter des rênes dans les mains des cavaliers. Cela dit, je ne suis pas sûr que le rendu soit génial, je ne suis pas fa par exemple des cordes ajoutées aux arcs...
    Bref, très jolie scène et une peinture toujours aussi propre. Bravo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Ben non pas de rênes cette fois! j'ai hésité, mais trop de boulot et j'aurais pû saboter le travail!
      Par contre je n'aime pas les arcs sans corde.

      Supprimer
  6. Beautifully painted and photographed. I especially like the horse of the Buffalo soldier.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Very nice work but where are the reins?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Toma!
      I've missed the reins (shame on me!).
      And I didn't want to ruin the figures after painting with adding them... (I'm able to do that!)

      Supprimer
  8. Great work, Sam. I'm pleased to see this genre of historical miniatures under the scrutiny of your paint brushes.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. you are too nice Jay!
      they are 1/72 scale: much easier than 15mm !

      Supprimer
  9. Très jolies pièces surtout à une si petite échelle. Bravo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci François!
      pour l'échelle: tu fais au moins aussi bien avec du plus petit !

      Supprimer
  10. These pics show that you are a true artist! They are truelly wonderful!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Too much compliments, Gunnar!
      I'm not an artist: just a toys painter!

      Supprimer
  11. Hola
    Muy buena colecion de figuras de cowbow
    te sigo
    un saludo

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. ah ... how many good things we could do together! Maybe when we retire ehehehehe .... for now I'm enjoying your wonderful work. Well done Sam!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Michele!
      Making dios is not my speciality and I have some improvements to do with my painting skill, so it seems that you have some advance!
      But, I will be happy to work with you!

      Supprimer