Membres

HOME

21 novembre 2012

REVIEW 6 -BUM "Trampers" (Trappers?) 2053 / 2054

I've bought 3 BUM's boxes, because I was curious to see what they have put in them!
1-they are very expensive (about 20€, postage cost include )
2-I was not very enthusiast when I've opened the box.
3- I didn't have the resin base which is shown on PSR (cf link above) !!!!!!
4-but I must say that  the subject is very original in our scale and some figures are really nice,
except the ugly Hurons which have the bad habit to appear in each box of that serie!
Well, I will stop my "blabla" and let you see the pictures. 

-The first one is "Canadian Trampers in winter dress"(2054)
  (PSR link)

the box with the art cover
 
I like the figures, even if 5 poses/6 is not a great deal...


not bad, but 2 dogs it's not enough for the sledge....

I've 2 vivacs now: one for winter.....

I love them!! so nice and well sculpted!


 then, same subject but "Canadian Trampers in summer dress"(2053)

art box....

5 trappers + 1 awful dog

quite good figures, I like the one on the right!

.... and one vivac for summer !! yeah !

very large bridge: good for a truck!
no comment....
again my lovely Hurons!!
You can do all the comments (or not): it's not my own work! ($$$just my money!$$$)

J'ai acheté 3 boîtes BUM, parce que j'étais curieux de voir ce qu'ils ont mis dedans!
1-elles sont très chères (environ 20 , frais de port inclus)
2-Je n'étais pas très enthousiaste quand j'ai ouvert la boîte.
3 - Je n'ai pas eu la base en résine qui est montrés  sur PSR (lien cf ci-dessus)!!
4-mais je dois dire que le sujet est très original dans notre échelle et certaines figurines sont vraiment sympas .....
à l'exception des Hurons horribles qui ont la mauvaise habitude d'apparaître dans chaque boîte de cette serie!



You can do all the comments (or not): it's not my own work! ($$$just my money!$$$)

 (Coming soon: "BUM's Hurons camp" and "Waterloo 1815: "Roger's Rangers")


Marketplace: I've 2 sprues of 6 hurons to sell !!!!!! very low prices!


21 commentaires:

  1. Je ne connaissais pas du tout...et ça a l'air original et très très bien!
    Phil.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. ça fait un moment que je les cherche !
      je les avais vus sur PSR, mais impossible de les trouver!
      Prix prohibitifs pour une fabricant à la réputation (méritée) de copieur, mais là, c'est vrai qu'on est sur un registre plutôt pas mal: au moins, je dois pouvoir en tirer quelque chose...

      Supprimer
  2. I like them, but I have to confess that I did snigger at the maker's name. :D

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I understand! but this time, it's not so bad and not a copy as far I know!

      Supprimer
  3. Hello Sam, i find that this set is nice but i've learned that the final judice must be make when you paint that. Recently Paul showed the set "roman port" from linear -b in his blog and it made me understand that also figures not much very well sculpted can become good with a good paint! greetings from Italy

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. All (almost!) can be do with figs: the best or the worst!
      It's easier and more fun to paint good ones...
      will do my best, like always, but I've no special plans for them yet.

      Supprimer
  4. Sweet figures. I am sure you will do them a great honor with your painting and basing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. They're excellent figures, I love 'em!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I like em. Not the best sculpts in the word but at least they have a couple of dogs with them as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. agree !
      if they had added 3 or 4 dogs, it should have been the Best!

      Supprimer
  7. I like the look of them I know BuM has a really terrible plastic and the prices are bad but still they cover some interesting subjects that are ignored by most manufacturers... oof Rogers Rangers :-D can't wait. the 7 years war/ french and indian war is a period I have been reading up on recently.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. the plastic is very soft!
      not easy to paint and not easy ton remove the mould-lines...

      Supprimer
  8. They don't look that bad! I might be interested in those Hurons if they fit with the Italeri ones! ;-)

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. ok Peter!
      in my review of Hurons Hut from BUM, I will add a comparison between both sets .... and if you are always interested, they are for you!

      Supprimer
    2. That's a good agreement Pascal! I'll wait for that!

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

      Supprimer
  9. they will make a really interesting and nice scene.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Thanks Dez... but wait for the next posts: I think that you will have great surprises... especially for you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Hi Sam,

    Since I am a true admirer of your porjects and progress I have awarded you with the "Liebster Blog Award"

    Please see the details here:

    http://nowheretoleadsoldiers.blogspot.ca/2012/11/liebster-blog-award-has-reach-nowhere.html

    And feel free to go on if you like to.

    Keep up the great work!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. many many thanks ... I'm confused and really surprised !
      it's a great gift you make me !

      Supprimer